I was on the edge of my seat for most of this novel, it is by far the best of the Alex Benedict novels.
Seeker is a hard sci fi story without the info dumps and cardboard characters that plague the genre. The characters feel real and the story incorporates an interesting mystery that involves cosmic incidents that only an astrophysicist could predict, but McDevitt makes fun and believable.
Jennifer Van Dyck did a wonderful job, her voice fits Chase very well and kept a good pace throughout.
I have to say that the complaints in the comments seem somewhat petty.
I'm sick and tired of nobles, kings, emperors, dukes, lords, and knights. It looks like Brian McClellan feels the same way.
The narration was fantastic. Christian Rodska usually does great and this is no exception.
Main components are as follows:
* Oliver Cromwell style protagonist. "The age of kings is dead" indeed.
* Magic Musketeers, or "Powder Mages." They're super interesting and fun.
* Old Magic/Feudalism vs. New Magic/New Technology
* Frontiersman + Native Tribeswoman ala French/Indian war style groups.
* Old Gods and Ancient wizard creatures.
The Characters feel real and realized, the plot is interesting and fun, and the ending is satisfying and a good setup for the next book in the series.
Give it a try! :)
Report Inappropriate Content
If you find this review inappropriate and think it should be removed from our site, let us know. This report will be reviewed by Audible and we will take appropriate action.