It is a must read. The only problem I had with this book is that in order to make it more "readable" the author would jump timelines between chapters. I would prefer it be more timeline based, so I could correlate the events better.
Would not recommend. I stopped reading the book when John Piper said that the best word he could use to describe Holy is unique. Yes, God is unique, but not because He is Holy. Come on John.
I've read several books by Mark Batterson and loved them. He repeats himself ~25% from other books (primarily through examples), but the other 75% of the books are worth it. He raises quite a few deep soul questions that make you think, thank, cry... and hopefully find the heart of God, and it's expression in your life.
I enjoy listening to the majority of the audio. However for someone considering I would suggest to look at a different one. For me, the transitions in between different audio voices was disturbing. This occurs for example in epistles when one voice's volume goes down while a different reader starts to read it as well. I consider this as a distraction.
I thought the content was good, but could have been organized better. The title is a bit misleading, the book is more about developing as an individual, and in part as a leader. Otherwise a must listen.
A must read/listen book for anyone passionate about God. It served as a great encouragement to me and released me from fears of the unknown.
Report Inappropriate Content