Slovakia | Member Since 2003
I guarantee you can use 90+% of the tips in this book & improve your life. They are based on psychological researches & I can tell you I tried them & they work. You will find easy-to-understand tips how to:
- make people to like you
- criticize constructively
- find out if someone is fooling you
- make people to do you a favor
- be a true leader
- shot up a person aggressive person
- escape sexual assault
Zig Ziglar's foreword sets the expectations high but Tony Jeary's book beats them all.
The best of the public speaking books I have read is full of principles & specific tips, which will help you deliver unforgettable presentation:
- how making your audience feel important will help you shine
- tips for powerful or relaxed opening
- why you need & how to keep conversation with your audience
- effective use of silence, little gifts, breaks, your credentials, humor & other details
- how people gonna remember 25% of what they see, 50% of what they hear & see, and 75% of what they say
- how to use audience barometers & handle questions
Tough to imagine somebody would not benefit -- no matter how advanced.
This is simply a jewel which deserves at least 10 stars.
O'Higgins suggests similar thing as Kyosaki (Rich Dad, Poor Dad) does = to be contrarian - do the opposite to what the others do.
In specific case of DJ stocks, he says the public overreacts to both good & bad news from which you can benefit. From what happened to my company stock (Procter & Gamble) recently, I can only confirm this.
I am still to try this technique in reality, so no proven successful track yet ;)
At least half of the 1.5h is dedicated to brief history of the DJ stocks which I did not find as much helpful -- that's why 4 stars.
Tony Buzan - will tell you interesting things about creativity:
- to overcome you fear of failure vs rather not being creative
- to develop both sides of your brain as they work in synergy
Einstein was concert-level violin player, Da Vinchi was not only exceptional in art but also in science
- to use creativity to remember 8 planets of solar system & other things forever
- to use mid map technique to help you remember as well as be more creative
- how Einstein used daydreaming & imagination to reach his findings
Honestly, I did not find first 15 min exercises very helpful & expected a bit more tips on how to be more creative - that's why 4 stars.
The authors provide number of specific tips which will help you improve your communication:
- the need to understand others logic - what u say makes sense, but what others say also makes sense to them
- the 3rd-party-story technique to ease the tension
- how you can express the feelings without being emotional instead of being emotional without expressing feelings
- how different people have different perceptions -> illustrated with Harvard experiment where two groups were valuating the same company using the same data. The selling group came up with +30% figure while the buying group with -30% figure vs the fair value
- why "identity", "feelings" & "what happened" conversations are difficult
and much more...
The only reason to give 4 stars was a bit annoying/sleepy voice of one of the authors.
Katselas is a good speaker but that is basicaly it. He does not deliver too much in those 6 hours. If you are looking for good motivational book buy Zig Ziglar's "Over the Top" or "Magic of Thinking Big" by Schwartz which are available on Audible. They are spectacular!
So wonderfully narrated by Zig that I could not resist to listen to it almost everyday since I have bought it.
Zig will tell you:
- how failure can be & should be motivator
- how positive thinking will not help you do anything BUT how it will help you to do everything better
- that you can only get what you want when you get enough other people to achieve what they want
- that the most important picture is the one you have of yourself
- that if you go to world looking for a friend - they won't be any BUT if go out to be a friend, there will be plenty
... and lots of the things which helped me in my short but quite quick career at P&G.
Great ideas & stories in this book in combination with Zig's great sense of humor makes this book evergreen!
Report Inappropriate Content
If you find this review inappropriate and think it should be removed from our site, let us know. This report will be reviewed by Audible and we will take appropriate action.