The authors provide number of specific tips which will help you improve your communication:
- the need to understand others logic - what u say makes sense, but what others say also makes sense to them
- the 3rd-party-story technique to ease the tension
- how you can express the feelings without being emotional instead of being emotional without expressing feelings
- how different people have different perceptions -> illustrated with Harvard experiment where two groups were valuating the same company using the same data. The selling group came up with +30% figure while the buying group with -30% figure vs the fair value
- why "identity", "feelings" & "what happened" conversations are difficult
and much more...
The only reason to give 4 stars was a bit annoying/sleepy voice of one of the authors.
Report Inappropriate Content
If you find this review inappropriate and think it should be removed from our site, let us know. This report will be reviewed by Audible and we will take appropriate action.