No. it is perfect in an awesomely bad way. This is the Mystery Science Theater of romance novels.
If depressed and had time to kill. This book was ridiculous, it made me laugh out loud, I hope it was written this way on purpose.
I don't remember much about it, I think it was fine.
All the brothers wearing nothing but cutoff jean shorts everywhere, the whole family, including babies posing for a family portrait in jean cutoff shorts! I men would have to be shirtless and the women would be allowed to wear tank tops, with no bras of course. Apparently, in this town going braless is acceptable because it's hot - hmm, I live in Florida and we don't do that much.
I read all three, they were all bad. In book number one I was disgusted with the "honey" name mix up, but then grew to appreciate the nonsense these books portray. This book takes the cake, I laughed out loud, I told my husband part of the plot and he laughed. I've told others and they laugh. Here are some highlights:
1. the main character's signature outfit is jean short cutoffs and nothing else, everywhere. He apparently doesn't have a real job. The other brothers routinely walk around shirtless or naked, too.
2. All the brothers live in the same house & if they move, it is still on the same land.
3. The women walk around with no bras. They are really stupid, I think they were pretty much all virgins, of course!
4. The premise for why this newest girl is here is really stupid. The seduction is incredibly stupid and he apparently thinks she is ugly at first because she has red hair & freckles, but likes her body.
5. Kudos to the author for trying to make having a nasty sunburn sexy - if you've ever had one that bad you would know this girl would have been feeling pretty awful and not in the mood for love.
6. the best part: the constant use of the words "female" and "male" as adjectives. "he was all MALE as walked toward her in his jeans with no shirt," "her skin was so soft, so FEMALE," "his scent was intoxicating and so, so, MALE"
Report Inappropriate Content
If you find this review inappropriate and think it should be removed from our site, let us know. This report will be reviewed by Audible and we will take appropriate action.