When not attempting female voices, or the third male protagonist, the narrator's voice was well suited to the story. However, that was Only about 40% of the time. The rest of the time, 60%, it was painful to listen to and I couldn't make it through.
I listened to this book traveling across country. It was a great choice. The story was original. As noted in other reviews, a lot of detail given to weaponry at times--but oddly enough, I felt this helped me better understand the attitudes and characters better.
In regards to the narration, Mr. Wyman's characterizations were engaging and his choices helped me engage in with the characters and care about both the plot and them.
The is a truly great hommage to its non-zombified origins. The audiobook format makes it even better. The narrator 's coice is similar enough to Garrison Keilor's to enhanse the story, but different enough to also bring forth good humor.
The set-up, as well as the execution of the events are well-paced. And, like some NRP programs, I found myself sitting in my car listening to more of the story after having arrived at my destination.
Great fun, for sure.
I have read all of the Jayne Castle/Jayne Ann Krentz books. While formulaic, they are fun. So, recently I decided to try some of them in audiobook format. I have to say, I'm glad I did. The narrator brings a new sense of enjoyment to the series.
Not especially time well spent. The story was interesting, but meandered more than made much sense.
I would recommend some of Ms. Roberts other fiction, the Key, Circle, or Sign of Seven trilogies are better done and time better spent, in my opinion.
The pace of the narration was very good, it was more structural inadequacies I experienced than in the performance. His differentiation among characters was great.
Report Inappropriate Content
If you find this review inappropriate and think it should be removed from our site, let us know. This report will be reviewed by Audible and we will take appropriate action.