Once again I enjoyed listening to The Two Towers in dramatization. I think the story is always so much more enriched when the different characters are spoken by different people.
If you want heaps of detail to the story line then don't buy this, there is only so much detail that can be added while incorperating sound effects and music. But overall I found that it contained enough plot line to get the major gist of the story without being waffly and boring to listen to. I really love the LOTR trilogy over the full book anyway. The book, (though I'm sure is amazing once you get into it) is very waffly at the start and I could not read it, so having this to listen to gave me the chance to picture the whole Tolkein world with very little effort.
This Is great to have in the car to listen to on long, and otherwise boring, journeys.
This I think is the best of the 3 parts in this dramatised series by the BBC. It still contains enough plot to be exciting and the music and sound effects are very complimentary to it's production.
I can't wait to have time to listen to it again, which I think is best done in large chunks of listening time so that you get emerced into the plot.
Don't buy this if you want plot information purity.
Over all I did enjoy this 1st part of the novel.
It contains a great deal of character building and back story line before it starts to get into the nitty gritty of the plot, and i did find that to be somewhat tedious and confusing. I would recommend taking the time to listen to this part again just so that you understand the characters properly before moving onto part 2. It was necessary in order to know how the characters tick, who they really were and how they would interact with all the other characters in the following 2 parts of the audio book.
I enjoyed the parts of the book that particularly pertained to the story line, ie: all the interesting facts and info about the dead Harriet Vanger, and did find myself wanting to know more.
This is not a book I would have regularly chosen to read, but hearing it was much more exciting in the long run.
If you like a good mystery then this is a good place to start.
I found this to be a pretty good book to listen to. I enjoyed the 2nd part more than the 1st and the ending made me cry. I have known someone who had Leukemia twice and died after his bone marrow treatment which made him cancer free, so this audio book really hit the spot on the emotional scale. This book has all you need for enjoyable listening.
It's subplots make for a great book with much more depth of interest than the movie.
I very much enjoyed listening to this audio book.It is not the sort that I would usually read, but a friend recommended another book by this author which I did read and enjoyed, so thought i'd give this a go on audiobook.
It was great to listen to while doing boring chores. I could emerse myself in doing the lawns or dishes on autopilot while I listened to find out what happened to the characters, who they were interacting with and how seemingly random people ended up interacting with eachother. It really reminded me that people know eachother through communication and love. This book also has a twist that shows how intertwining hearts come back to eachother in the end. It has heart renching moments and loving moments, a must for people who like a rollercoaster of emotion in books. It did have a couple of slower sections but these do have story info so it is good to keep listening.
I found this audio book to be absolutely wonderful, it is well read and the story is a classic french tale. I found myself really loving the characters and felt for them in their decisions through out the book. I now sometimes use this book to help me get to sleep, not because it is boring, far from it!! It is so soothing to listen to that on a lovely sunny day lying on my bed I can't help but get carried along with the story. I highly recommend it.
I have really enjoyed listening to this 1st part of the book, it has been great seeing how the tale develops. 90% of it is good listening, and the other 10% is not very compelling but relavent to the story line so needs listening to. My friend thoroughly enjoyed it too and is listening to it a second time.
I found listening to this a great way to wind down at the end of the day. Hearing the dramatisation made me have mental pictures of the movies in my head, so it was a great way to feel like I was watching it without having to stay up and watch it in the Dvd player. It has all the major plot lines of the movies, so is very familiar, without being long winded like the books can be.
Report Inappropriate Content
If you find this review inappropriate and think it should be removed from our site, let us know. This report will be reviewed by Audible and we will take appropriate action.