This book tops all other books that I have ever read about China, whether it was a non-fiction or a fiction, whether it was written by Chinese, American, or Chinese-American. My view on this, though not authoritative, has some validities. For after all, I have lived 45% of my life in China and the other 55% here in the West.
The book provided no earth-shaking views of any kind, rather it showed Kissinger’s deep understanding of China. What is an understanding? It is knowing, the knowledge of something that transcends the barriers of language. Kissinger articulated complex, subtle and delicate topics at such an ease, that one was made to feel as if s/he was visiting an old friend. Every word was something one already knew, but only now being spoken out aloud. It was ingenious.
The authors selectively used data and information for no other purpose than achieving a shocking effect.
Anger, for wrong information and conclusion can be misleading.
I was pleasantly surprised by this short and sweet story. I think it is a great choice as First Listen.
I very much liked the story, where one could "do the right thing and the money would follow." But I think the character of David Zinc could be developed further - he is a little bit single dimensioned. And the character of Nadine Karros, a leading defense attorney, was a disaster. No one would have ever believed that she is a competent attorney except to take John Grisham's word for it. The repeated mentioning of her legs was just insulting. I think any female reader would be offended by the poor writing of this character despite a good book overall.
Yes. The pace was perfect.
Maybe. I don't think this is a big screen movie, but I will definitely order the DVD.
I was so very excited about listening to a time travel story, but after hours and hours of waiting for the story to develop, I felt like shouting: "Come on. Just tell the story. All the suspense is making me lose interest rapidly."
The narrator's performance was good; hence, I still have not fallen asleep.
Report Inappropriate Content
If you find this review inappropriate and think it should be removed from our site, let us know. This report will be reviewed by Audible and we will take appropriate action.