Brene Brown explains vulnerability and demonstrates how vulnerability manifests in people. Then, she shares tools you can use NOW on how to grow and work with it instead of fighting it.
The tools shared are now in use with my daily living. Even deploying one tool at work has given me insight of how I was allowing others to affect me - demonstrating what's acceptable and what is not.
Brene Brown comes across as "just one of us" and we are all in this boat together. It doesn't matter your economic status, family status, or anything else. Her stories were true and genuine - authentic! We are all human. I loved this about her presentation and demeanor. Most importantly, there was no condescension, just uplifting messages. Thank you!
Yes and No. I think taking the book in chunks is better. This allows you to reflect on the message. AND, it was so good, I could sit one day and just listen. This is definitely in my replay library.
Thank you for this opportunity to listen to your messages and how to work with vulnerability in life. There were a lot of "aha" moments - and they say awareness is 90% of the journey. Thank you for sharing some tips and messages to help with the other 10% of the journey.
Brene Brown is a fantastic presenter who walks the talk and talks the walk of vulnerability.
Brene Brown's delivery of her own content.
I'm more healthily aware of blame, shame, guilt, embarrassment and vulnerability and becoming better at caring for myself as well as others.
Recommending this to everyone I love.
Five years ago I heard her speak at a conference, and enjoy her ways of knowing and her choice of qualitative research. Her choices expands the field away from evidenced-based practice - Finally! She is one of my favorite researchers.
I have listened to all of Brene's books in audio form, and just wished the whole time that she was the reader. Brene's delivery of such sensitive subjects brings a light-heartedness to this heavy subject of vulnerability, and some of the content is lost in her audiobooks read by other performers.
I was thrilled to listen to this course in her voice, and I must say I got more out of it than I did her books (even though the material overlaps). There are practical elements to this audio course that aren't in her books, and the stories were new and refreshing.
I really enjoy listening to Brene..She is a born storyteller. Her willingness to say and go to places that others are afraid to go to. And she makes it look...hmm...easy is not the right word. but she she makes it look possible and attractive.
There is no compare...It is is unique..
The audio was fantastic. She has a great presentation style. I think some of the impact of this work would be lost in print.
I would encourage people to listen to this book. Life changing!! I have listened to it over and over.
For me, yes. I find it difficult to pay attention when reading nonfiction.
She is delightfully funny and quirky all rolled up in one. She brings in the REAL human element and makes the words come alive.
Brene's ability to weave her stories and wit throughout. She has a way of provoking thought through her questions and stories.
It's not read like a textbook. It is one of Brene's conferences in which she directly gives the information needed. I was never bored listening to her speak
The play and rest session. As adults we don't give ourselves time or permission to play and rest. It made me realize how much of my life is taken up by work and school.
That I am human and that being vulnerable is just a part of life. Her mantras were great... Like don't puff or shrink; Discomfort now or resentment later... Her discussion on empathy made me aware of places I thought I was being empathetic but was really being sympathetic.
This is a great audio with lots of inspiration. What I love about Brene is that she has the research to support what she is speaking about. It's not just a feel good session. She has spent much of her life dedicated to learning about shame and vulnerability. I feel that she will leave a legacy behind as a researcher. I will be listening to this audio over and over again!
Her speaking is fun to listen to, it's a seminar. Best to hear her speak, rather than read.
This book is a must listen for everyone. Dr. Brown's genuine approach to sharing her research demonstrates her personal work through shame.
Dr. Brown's modeling of working her research.
Her personality and personal delivery of her research findings.