The least helpful reviewer on audible.
I consider this the 7th installment of The Lost Fleet series. It picks up pretty much right where Victorious left off. It has the exact same characters and moves forward with the exact same plot line.
I am developing a love/hate relationship with this series.
1. I hate the way Campbell keeps repeating the same stuff over and over until I want to scream, but I love the adventure of exploring this universe with the fleet.
2. I hate the way Campbell constantly tells you how the characters are feeling instead of showing you through their actions, but I love the power struggles between the different groups. (What is that devious government up to?)
3. I love the battle sequences, but I hate the way Campbell lists Evey battleship in the fleet ad nauseam.
4. I love the characters. I really do. However, I hate the way the heros are perfect. They never do anything wrong... and I want to puke every time they talk about how honorable they are.
5. I love the mysterious alien race. I find them intriguing. I want to know more about them, but I hate... actually, I have no hated counterpart here. I love this whole part of the story.
After that last book I was loosing interest in this whole series. After this one I have a renewed interest. I shall be sailing the universe with admiral Geary again in the future.
I just about asked for my money back. I still might. Couldn't stand the naievitty of black jack. his relationship with his wife as an officer on the same ship hard to get past. I know it's sci-fi but really the characters have to be somewhat realistic human and vulnerable. Maybe the next book is more focused on combat or suspense
This book shouldn't be classified as scifi, it's all politics with some fleet combat thrown in. No real detail on warfare or aliens that excite. Pales in comparison to any BV Larson books
This story got me into its lore. Worth the money and time to invest. Jack Campbell is very creative and makes nerds, geeks, and dorks for honored to take part in reading, the voice acting also helps with pulling you into the world. Don't miss a great opportunity.
I won’t put any spoilers in here. I will say that within 30 days of the last book this book picks up. We find everyone married and not wanting to deal with the government. We are finding the government ready to deal with Geary as he won’t overthrow them. As the story develops we see what has been happening to the other side and how they’re struggling to get something going which is to be expected. To me this is a good, but it’s as far as I’m taking this series.
Good story line. Good characters. Good baddies. Good narration. Even the pacing was great. 4 stars for brevity and lack of realism in some aspects.
The rescue of humans from the Alien prison asteroid.
No, this is my first.
No extreme reactions here.
A very worth-while read. Recommended definitely.
Unknown, did not read in print
Black Jack Geary of course
As good as the first series
Not a great book but very entertaining for what it is. That is an action packed space opera with plenty of battle scenes and characters that stand up to the story without getting bogged down. The characters have evolved since the first series as you would expect real people to and so has the Alliance. It is a good extension of the original series.