The audio book is excellent... very funny. It is much better than the sample, actually.
If Tina Fey can't make this absolutely hysterical, no one can. It was enjoyable enough, but I expected way more. She was holding back a bit, and over doing other bits.
I have been excited about this book since I heard it was coming out. It was amazing to find out how much in 30 rock is actually true. I love her humor and am going to be sad when 30 rock goes off the air. Great book if you are a fan.
How could such a stupid book get a high reviewers rating? This book is meant for Southpark mentality readers. If you are seeking any valuable substance in your reading, PASS on this one.
Not only funny but a fast and easy listen. She offers her own interesting perspective on life that is riddled with humor and an undertone of seriousness. I really enjoyed the listen.
Tina Fey does a wonderful job bringing her autobiographical tale to life, with fascinating insights into the culture behind SNL. Very enjoyable.
Please listen to this book if you:
1. Want to Be Happier
2. Think you are funny
3. Like Spiting up food and liquids out from Laughing
4. Want to Hear an Awesome North Korea Joke
5. Take yourself to seriously
6. Want to Say you read a NY Times Best Seller Finally
7. Have a good political Laugh
8. Are looking to Get realistic Photo Shoot Advice
9. Enjoyed your actual Honeymoon
10. Are seeking great advice about hiring the right people for the job.
11. Want to Get inside the mind of a real woman, or a Fake Man
12. Love Alec Baldwin
13. Hate Alec Baldwin
14. Have 5 1/2 hours to kill
15. Want to reminisce about your Gay Crushes in High School and Collage
16. Were a Gay crush in High School or Collage
17. Worked at the YMCA
18. Pee in Jars
19. Love Sarah Palin
20. Have dead shark eyes.
Loved the book, loved her reading it to me even more. I'll be Honest I would have loved it more if Alec Baldwin had read it, but that only means I have something to look forward to in the sequel. Hint Hint.
Tina Fey is a successful, talented lady and is very open in this book. It is read by her and you can feel like she is just telling you her life's story. She is very open about her challenges, concerns and successes. This is an entertaining book yet still thought provoking. It's a insight into the challenges she faced as a women in an all boys system. How many of us can relate to that?