Incredible!! Outstanding!! I was emotionally exhausted at the end of the book. Sherrilyn Kenyon outdid herself with this one. Although the brutality with Acheron was...maybe...too much information at times...you had to feel the pain THOROUGHLY to understand what he was about. I was overwhelmed with emotion at the end. EXCELLENT EXCELLENT book!!!!!
Acheron Part one tells of his birth and what happens to him till the age of 19 it is Sad and powerful the writing of this book and all her books is excellent, I have enjoyed reading the hard copy when it was first released and enjoyed again in Audio this is my first taste of an audio book and it was wonderful the reader is clear and adds character to the different people this makes it interesting great choice and a great book
Wow! This book was great! It had me crying, it had me angry, laughing and finally very happy with the outcome.
I have to say, this is one of the best books I've read in a long time. If you are looking a book that has a little of everything and a very good and detailed story, this book needs to be your choice.
Yet again Sherilyn has managed to tie her books of the Dark Hunters all together. Now that I have read Acheron I am going back to the 1st book to start all over again.
I have to say, this was everything I hoped for. I haven't had a book move me to tears and laughter in a year or two. I hope the Dark Hunter series keeps going. Holter Graham has the perfect voice for this series. Him plus the plot kept me with my earphones in for a few days!
This book was everything I was hoping for and more than I expected. A lot of questions were answered, but in a way that keeps you looking for the next book to see just what else could happen. If you like the Dark Hunter series you will LOVE this book.
The narrarater did a great job with all the different characters and accents.
I have lost a bit of my sanity in the last 8+ hours and don't think I can continue. I think it's the first time I've ever dropped a story. I cannot understand how an established author (what's her name) can possibly get by with writing essentially 20 pages of content, with another 400 pages of repetitive dribble-drabble, of which can be summarized in the following ways:
1) Acheron was born - and is cursed, of which we're reminded constantly.
2) Acheron is sexually abused, beaten, and humiliated, of which we're intimately privy to every 20 minutes.
3) Acheron begins to trust sister, Risa. Sister is INCREDIBLY NAIVE AND STUPID (and I really cannot emphasize this enough), yet Acheron keeps falling for her good-intentioned help. And right after he does so, Acheron is beaten severely and pleas for death. Sister is of course indignant.
4) Repeat #3 about 30 times to the utter delight of all listeners.
5) Acheron begins trusting the Goddess Artemis. Artemis is incredibly childish and temperamental for a Goddess, and yet Acheron KEEPS trusting and falling in love with her. And of course, b/c of this, Acheron is beaten severely and pleas for death.
6) Repeat #5 about 10 times.
7) Acheron calls legitimate father "father", and legitimate brother "brother" and gets beaten severely for it roughly 40 times throughout the past 8 hours.
8) Repeat all of these steps a few more times, intertwined with a good bit of heterosexual and homosexual scenes, and you've got a great 8+ hours ahead of you.
The point I got during this time: Acheron suffered a great deal. But now, I've suffered even more.
the book is great. perfect I luv Sherrilyn Kenyon's work. but buy the book, don't listen to the audio. the reader (for some odd reason) makes all the women in the books sound like Ru Pauls Drag Queens. no offense intended to mr. Graham, but i just cannot listen to his voice as a woman. and don't get me started on how SIMI sounds. it is atrocious.
Devil may care. Mr. Graham narrated that book too.
his women voices sound so much like Drag Queens, it is laughable.
not with mr. graham's narration.
please find mr. graham some books to read that do not have women speaking in them.
yes because it is a journey of trust and betrayal .. growth and and acceptance but the best reason is one ... Acheron.. the author Sherrilyn Kenyon has created an incredible being that I would love to be real!
every bit of this book is moving.. heart wrenching and incredible
Holter Graham is one of the best narrators out there, I know that when I see his name for a book im interested in that I will love every second of the book!
I would have have loved it even more had Fred Berman been the narrator. Holter Graham did okay, but at times he sounds like Captain Kirk. Fred is the man when it comes to these Dark Hunter books.
Not sure, as I said...he did better job narrating this book than others. But Fred nails the voices with different accents, etc.
When Acheron finally gave in to the fact that he was in love with Tory and couldn't live without her.
It was worth the wait! And it answered so many questions from past books.