The book is hard to digest, but so too is the awful truth. The book will not change any minds as most of America has already decided one way or the other. For historical purposes, however, this book should be required reading for school children, in ethics classes, and for tyrants. God help America if fails to learn the lessons taught in this book.
You don't have to read the book to know that someone is altogether more interested in personal ambition than serving the people you claim are your true interests and behind your motives. When will a real 'mentor' and statesman for the people come forth instead of these (including current) dark patriarchs and matriarchs. Are our only remaining virtues personal ambition and personal survival. Take the book for its facts and enjoy, and forget your own agendas for a change.
Eye opening and well written. Too bad the author felt he must raise some very personal details of the Clinton's. Very factual and well supported. Author isn't a right winger, but a former NY Times editor and has his facts in line.
This book is provides a good summary of what we already know about the Clintons. There isn't much new stuff here. It did, however, hold my attention, (unlike many of the reviewers here, I actually listened to the book). This book is being supressed by the media. Read it and tell your friends. They certainly won't hear about it on the Today Show.
The author narrates this book. I didn't care too much for his narration skills but he gave it a great effort. The book is short and "to the point" which is why it is being presented unabridged. There simply wasn't much text that could have been subtracted. A fast read.
Probably the worst piece of trash I have ever read. Only a brain dead idiot would appreciate the mud slinging idiocy of this "writer" and not be embarrassed for his crass attempt to slander a good person's character.
Don't waste your time...
Seems like the anti-Clinton bigots never give up on their personal attacks. While the claim is made that the author is objective based on his former affiliation with the allegedly liberal New York Times, the facts are that this project was sponsored by many of the same people who attacked Bill Clinton throughout his presidency and who later helped the anti-American Swift Boat veterans try to disgrace John Kerry after he won two purple hearts in Viet Nam--in a war dodged by both our current Vice-President and President. Come on, Americans, wake up!
This author claims to know the deep inside secrets - yea, right - the author's approach is to fabricate and deceive inventing where he must.
Among the many false claims in Klein's book:
* Klein falsely claims that Hillary Clinton spoke of her Jewish relatives only after controversy arose over her hug of Suha Arafat (Klein reversed the true order of the events).
* He falsely claims the $25 million Clinton planned in 1999 to raise for her Senate campaign would be an "unprecedented" amount, ignoring the fact that another candidate had raised more than that for a Senate election held the previous year in the very same state.
* Klein falsely claims that Rick Lazio, Clinton's Republican opponent in 2000 for a New York Senate seat, sent out no direct campaign mail.
* He falsely claims that Moynihan couldn't bring himself to say Clinton's name in introducing her at her campaign announcement.
* He falsely accuses Moynihan of giving a long and rambling description of hay-cutting that, in fact, lasted all of 29 words.
* Klein falsely accuses Clinton of ignoring Sen. John Kerry (D-MA) during a speech to teachers in support of his presidential campaign.
* He falsely accuses her of not wanting Kerry to win and of spending her time in states such as South Dakota, in which Kerry had very little chance (she hasn't been to South Dakota in years).