What a fantastic series I have read the first three on my own I wish that audible would get the whole series, really original and keeps you on the edge. Yes you must stretch your imagination but don't you have to do that with most fiction. More Of this series PLEASE
I knew some of the authors, and was very happy with what they offered.I also got to know a few new ones. Karen Chance and Carrie Vaughn. You can't go wrong with this anthology. Sometime I laughed out loud.
I am familiar with Jim Butcher and Simon Green, I have read most of what they have written, I enjoyed what they contributed. (not their best, but not their worst either) Kat Richardson's ghost story was interesting and had a real twist, It was good for a 2 1/2 hour listen. Thomas Sniegoski' is new to me, but I found this work very enjoyable and will be looking into checking out some of his other books. If you enjoy urban fantasy, these anthologies are a good way to find new authors. No not every story will knock your socks off but, being fair I have to say I really enjoyed 80% and I didn't hate the other 20%. Wish I could give this 4 1/2 stars.BTW If you have been listening to Jim Butcher "Dresden Files" and Simon Green "Nightside" on Audible, there is a different narrators, still I think they were done well. Nice way to find new authors and narrators.
I live on the Gulf of Mexico and I love to listen and walk the day away along God's beautiful grace.
I loved this series, if you like paranormal stories, with magic and all the wacky stuff in between, then you"ll love these 3 books..this is the first book of 3, and the main character Kate Daniels is a funny, kick your butt kind of girl, I loved her..
Renee Raudman narration is great through out all three book, she does a great job with all the characters..