Learn, understand, then decide whether you accept or reject.
This course as an exploration of ten cultural value dimensions:
1. Identity—Individualist versus Collectivist
2. Authority—Low versus High Power Distance
3. Risk—Low versus High Uncertainty Avoidance
4. Achievement—Cooperative versus Competitive
5. Time—Punctuality versus Relationships
6. Communication—Direct versus Indirect
7. Lifestyle—Being versus Doing
8. Rules—Particularist versus Universalist
9. Expressiveness—Neutral versus Affective
10. Social Norms—Tight versus Loose
Followed by applying them to ten global culture clusters:
1. Anglo Cultures
2. Nordic European Cultures
3. Germanic Cultures
4. Eastern European/Central Asian Cultures
5. Latin European Cultures
6. Latin American Cultures
7. Confucian Asian Cultures
8. South Asian Cultures
9. Sub-Saharan African Cultures
10. Arab Cultures
It's not a full guide of do's and don'ts, but it provides some key guidelines on each social clusters and how to learn more.
You have what it takes to shine, but sometimes find yourself falling flat? I thought I had to work extra hard and go through struggles to achieve my goals, until I got this book. I realized that altering my approaches just a little, with the concepts mentioned in this book in mind, helped me get ahead more.
As a guy who's trying to get his company and himself known online locally, this book is a godsend. I'm more motivated than ever before to go ahead with my ideas.